Proctorio Exam Proctoring
- Using Proctorio in your Compass 2g Course (171K, PDF)
- Using Proctorio in your Moodle Course (148K, PDF)
- Recommended Proctorio Settings (157K, PDF)
- Student Guide for Proctorio Test Taking in Compass 2g (414K, PDF)
- Student Guide for Proctorio Test Taking in Moodle (410K, PDF)
Message from Provost's Office 3/20/20:
The university has just purchased an institution-wide license for Proctorio which will be available without cost for all our courses to use for 12 months. Proctorio is an online proctoring tool
that helps ensure academic integrity for exams and other synchronous assignments. Proctorio is already regularly used by some of our peer institutions like Berkeley, Ohio State and UT Austin.
Proctorio exam proctoring includes three components:
- Identity verification – captures images of test-takers and their IDs and uses facial recognition to flag any anomalies for review
- Browser locking – prevents test-takers from navigating the internet and from taking screen captures or sharing exam materials
- Exam recording – records each test-taker and uses artificial intelligence to flag any suspected cheating incidents for review
Proctorio will be integrated with Compass (and possibly LAS’s instance of Moodle) and further documentation for instructors and students will be available next week on this site (https://ops.citl.illinois.edu/proctorio) . We are rapidly working on getting this tool available to campus. We wanted to share the information with you now, as it may impact your instructional continuity plans.